This project was a global competition for the creation of a new cultural center in Budapest, next to the City Park through the construction and / or adaptation of 6 Museums / Galleries. Our proposal focused on the Museum of Architecture and Museum of Photography, a total of 15141 sqm of construction area.
The concept of the project was to create two independent buildings, with a common language and close relationship with the place of deployment. The “Rondo” and the memorial of the 1956 revolution in the center of the monument were emphasized. In spite of the common language, the volumetry of the buildings turns out to be distinct both for program reasons and for the intention of fully preserving the park centenary trees.
The sustainability of the buildings and the control of the luminosity inside the buildings were constant worries, as well. The proposal used exterior shading blades made of wood.